Monday, January 10, 2011

Becoming a bibliophobe?


It has been a really long time since I read any book, or for that matter any printed material.

No. I don't read newspapers. Yes, it is the same person who up to about 2 years back, was a voracious reader of materials, printed or electronic.

I can easily blame this shift in attitude and habits to my profession which involves continuous staring at the computer monitor. But then, that would only be partially true.

So, I am a bibliophobe(no other latin word stuck me) or book hater now? I definitely feel not, but can't disagree my drift towards that direction either.

Without forcing myself to read, if I just think out the cause for my general lethargy in trying to find reading materials, I can't think of anything else other than plain old laziness.

Compared to my home, with my family or with my friends, Mysore and the people I hang out with are far less into books and associated materials. Knowledge gathering and sharing, as a hobby has taken a back seat hence.

But it is a not case where I don't get any books in spite of my efforts. There were too many books with me at one time, wherein I had to read them in a Round Robin fashion. Now, I have finished reading all and sent them back home.

For time pass, I have got my extra elongated work timings and my trusty camera + laptop with me. So, it is bye bye books for some more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment