Saturday, December 19, 2009

Scribbling

A sudden gust of wind caught me unawares,
and the flame went out.

The flame that I had kindled
and carried with much care,
gone in a fraction of a second,
leaving me in the pitch dark.

My heart sank,but I decided to move on.
But those efforts were in vain,
as I fumbled and stumbled in the dark.

For a moment, with my body numb with cold
and limbs bruised by the stumble,
I stood perplexed in the dark,
knowing not what to do.

I don't know for how long I stood still,
but soon an eerie sense engulfed me,
and I felt myself smiling.

I had begun to love the new found darkness,
and soon fell in love with it.
Now I prefer it over any of those
unfaithful flames of light.

Moral of the story:
"Velicham dukham aanu unni, Thamasallo Sukhapradam"

2 comments: