Friday, December 08, 2023

thinking and writing

 Someone talked recently about the project we were working on and how my contributions were leading the very core of the ideas.

I was named a deep thinker and driver of thoughts. I remember that I actually felt uncomfortable at what could be a normal reaction to praise. But when I reflected on it, I could see much more inside that event.

While I could see where the deep thinking is visible, I also could acknowledge that it is just a single minded activity that I can get myself into it. It of course has a lot of implications on my ability to do a lot of other things at that time, and even much later. I attribute my ability to think deeply to a lot of things, but more recently I can attribute it to an significant reduction of social media distractions, involving in non fictional and abstract topics requiring my full brain activation and a bit of intellectual interactions with like and unlike minded colleagues and relatives.

Some years ago, my mental model of myself had very little space for other people and the nitty gritties of their needs and contributions to my own thoughts and actions. At some time ( possibly around the time my son was born ), I started realizing how much a network can boost one's productivity, creativity, effectiveness and resilience.

Over the years, I have found many content on such lines very appealing and I have even managed to bring some interesting books like "Man's search for meaning" and "Anti-fragile" into my re-reading list. I couldn't have imagined of doing this in my past form. 

Of course, one's mental model doesn't change as a whole so quickly. I now am in a special place, where I know that I have changed  my preferences, reactions and beliefs and aware of the continuing changes. Currently I see many of the abstract patterns converge into more concrete actions and events, with surprising results at times. These are really interesting time, filled with possibilities for me to use.

Feeling grateful for being part of this huge machinery of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment